To give and recive information on hunting and fishing in Southern IL. To help all of us have the best season we can.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Finaly drew blood with the bow

Thought it wasn't a deer, it was my first turkey ever! 31 yards to boot I must admit it was by far the best bow shot I ever made. As most of my deer are under 20 yards, heck most of the time under 10 yards. But anyway it all took place around 4:30 i was in the midel of texting my hunting buddy to see if he found a place to set up. When I cought them out of the corner of my eye. It was pretty thick where i s was hunting and the big tom didn't stop in the hole in the brush. But the hen did. So i drew and let it fly. The arrow flew true as it looked like it was gonna connect right off the rest. And It did. Right in the upper thigh through the belly and out the other thigh, busted a leg bone and out the other side. Flopped around for 10 yards and dropped dead. Must have cut an artery. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket