To give and recive information on hunting and fishing in Southern IL. To help all of us have the best season we can.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Catch up




Sorry I've been away from the blogger page for a while. Lots of things to catch up on. First I would Like to say What a great duck season we had. with a total of 86 ducks with lots of Mallards and lots of Teal. Killed quite a few Woodies and throw in some Cans and a Pintail, and call it a good season. I'm not gonna waste space and post up the usual season wrap up pics. You can find them in the past post. New to me this year is the all around go getter boat. A Lowe 1236 john boat. With the addition of a deer cart and a 50# trolling motor, this thing will go anywhere. Also peaking over the rail is the new yellow lab pup Big Mudy Blonde. The kids and I have been calling her Babe. She coming right along. She had a little trouble with water, until I introduced a frozen Mallard wing from last year. After that its all been great. Also we just came back from Branson MO. where the wife and I bought a time share. Yeah I know what you're thinking. But this is different. I can use it anywhere in the world on any day I want. Also included is Big Cedar Lodge. Right on Table Rock Lake. Hows that for a closer huh. We are going Back in September after opening dove and before Teal starts. Also Included in the post is a set of plans for a blind for the little boat. As far as fishing goes I haven't done much yet due to work. I have caught a few crappie, bluegill and bass but yet to tangle with the big cats. We are Planning a trip for the Ohio River this weekend. Gonna set out the trot line and try for some nice Blues. Until my next post stay safe, have fun and keep it in the strike zone.